Q Categorical axiom overview
- State: actual ⊇ potential
- Mode: potential ⊇ actual
In the Q system, a mode is always a potential action or measure, such that, any action or measure is a potential response that automatically identifies its related actual difference. For instance, if the mode is then up (it needs not be up, since) it has an actual difference, down. (note- modes need not be complimentary terms). A state does not function in this way, a states becoming can be any number of possible conditions, for instance, up can become, sky, good mood or awake. Occurrent interactions with the world will drive the remembered responses toward potential conditions.
- A mode is the response to a state of a being that is becoming.
A Way Of Thinking
Modes & States: Sentential logic provides a kind of machinery to bring order to atomic elements as being propositions. Predicate logic does the same for atomic elements as being words of propositions. So, is there a kind of inner machinery for words? If so, what atomic element would be a cause for order in single word and how would these elements apply to propositions? We aim to show how the word system of propositions might be better described as facets than as atomic elements, and as sensibility rather than as reason. Facets (or dimensions) might best describe how the responsiveness of any one word is anchored in a word using system. The term responsiveness speaks to how words interact dynamically with other word–thoughts of the same word using system, and how different word using systems might generally interact dynamically with each other.
- Topical interoperability is the ability to adopt or reject the topical orientations of other systems.
MORE INFORMATION: About Page
Action & Being: The car parking analogy: let’s say un-parked is the actual state of a car, this is the zero-point of reference, the actual being. The potential states of the car are parked or driven. Unless some procedure, the default remains the un-parked actual state. The potential mode of the car holds a variety of selections. Modes are an action or measure applied in some correlation between the two states. The potential mode initiates the selection ability of elements, for instance, turn right, turn left, move forward, move back, stop. The actual mode is the selection made, for example, move back. This process pertains to only one unit as other units might respond to this Q unit, for instance, a goal related unit that finds this units actual state unsatisfactory will try to achieve ways to act on the potentials related to the (un-parked) actual state. A Q-unit that can reach the potentials of another Q-unit’s actual state will subsume that Q-unit. Although, mode actions and potentials are not available to all Q-units. If a Q-unit is subsumed by another Q-unit then new potentials can be presented to the actual state of the subsumed Q-unit.
- Dynamically, each Q-unit is a bias toward particular potentials. The bias is the zero-point and the reference point is its objective field.
Word-Sensibility in a Nutshell: In our approach, the responsiveness of a word belongs to mental contexts that correlate with lived interactions. Words come into their roles forming realms on different hierarchical levels in different domains that yield metaphorical opportunities. Central to this process is the idea that there is the immanent and what necessarily must transcend the immanent, by which this implicates the skills, volition and resources that one has to cope with the world.
- Generally, we mean the term Sensibility as, a responsiveness toward something. What we mean specifically is, a responsiveness toward a topic, by which, a unitization of other separate topics is cued, in which, the unit effect is a capacitance to aptly elect the probable truth conditions for that topic.
MORE INFORMATION: Posts: Overview
It’s easy to loose sight of what a mode is and what a state is when engaged in any complex engineering project, for instance when building trains, planes or brains. The Q axiom keeps modes and states straight thus improving the tractability of categorical judgements in a system.
- The aim of a Q-unit is to initiate a concise/optimal orientation toward a topic.
Words are treated like topics. Word topics are represented in Q-units. All Q-units are fashioned to the Q axiom (mode & state) in some manner or style as related to a topic. The orientation or tendency toward a topic is determined by a system’s integration of units involving unity and division.
- The Q-unit acts as a kind of deictic center for a contextual trace in relation to which a word sense is to be interpreted.
The catalyst to the Q approach is that we are wired to connect. The focus is on the dynamicity of a word’s specificity. Q-units are dynamic frameworks for specified terms. The content of a Q-unit is called a quadranym.
- (∀x) eat(x) ⟹ [Sate(hungry) ⊇ Starve(food)(x)]
More Information: Q-units
Quadranyms: The Q model introduces a matrix, it is an ontological alignment technique to provide an initial orientation toward a topic, and a primary correspondence between the Quadranym facets of words:
- Mode: Expansive/Potential
- Mode: Reductive/Actual
- State: Objective/Potential
- State: Subjective/Actual
The acronym E.R.O.S. is a simple and general reference to the Q facets.
Above, the Q unit or memetic square is a way to represent quadrants.
Each topic has a quadranym. A topic may have several quadranyms depending on contextual sense.
We can think of a topic as a Predicate with a subject variable:
We can think of a Q-unit as being an orientation towards that subject.
- (∀x) Mental(x) ⟹ [unknown(knower) ⊇ known(knowable)(x)]
The state facets refer to the transitional sense of a word i.e., a becoming:
- State (SO): FROM s = active/actual TO o = passive/potential.
- e.g., FROM s = knower TO o = knowable
- e.g., FROM s = hungry TO o = food
The mode facets refer to the measurable sense of a word i.e., a difference:
- Mode (ER): FROM e = active/potential TO r = passive/actual.
- e.g., FROM e = unknown TO r = known
- e.g., FROM e = sate TO r = starve
It’s important to note that a word used to represent a facet of a topic, such as in the examples above, must justify with the word using system to which it belongs.
- Q-units: Quadranyms are any four terms used to represent the four dimensions of the Q-unit. Q-units are frameworks that can apply various schematics to words and topics and can be linked together to form scripts. Basically, the Q-unit represents a concise and optimal framework for experiential myths i.e., stories about experience.
There is a left side and right side to a Q unit. The left side, Active(actual), more experience necessary. The right side, Passive(potential), no more experience necessary. Being active seeks passive or…
- more experience necessary <seeks> no more experience necessary
This represents a reciprocal causation between active and passive senses. The right side is like thinking, the left side is like thoughts. We refer to this as: active/coherent-passive/conditional dynamic.
MORE INFORMATION: Q Model Introduction
The model aims to put forth a descriptive assertion of word-sensibility and not an explanatory assertion. It is a way to intervene with the notion of word-sensibility. To fully appreciate the process requires an ecological perspective as, in this model, every word-unit participates in an ecology of dynamical systems.
MORE INFORMATION: Posts: Theory & Approach
Every Q-unit has two mode classes and two state classes.
- Superset: Active-Potential Class
- Subset: Passive-Actual Class
- Superset: Active-Actual Class
- Subset: Passive-Potential Class
A mode is an active response to a state of a being.
- Every mode has a difference
- Every state has a becoming
The general relationship of propositions to modes and states are as follows:
- Predicates relates to modes
- Subjects relates to states
Q-unit: relational classes are situated in a Q-unit in brackets as shown below.
- [Active-Potential(active-actual) ≥ Passive-Actual(passive-potential)]
- The superset of a Q-unit is referred to as the, Coherent Sense.
- The subset of a Q-unit is referred to as the, Conditional Sense.
Below, two Q-units are in a script relationship. Classes correlate in Q-units as normally specified. In this script, the passive-subject rock becomes the active-subject rock. Or, in other words, the conditional sense rock becomes the coherent sense rock.
- [Potential(tool) ≥ (1) Actual(rock)]<find>[(2) Potential(rock) ≥ Actual(tool)]<find>
- Passive-Actual(passive-potential) = Hard(rock)
- Active-Potential(active-actual) = Tool(rock)
A state is a becoming in time, a mode is a response to that becoming.
Coherent & Conditional
A Q coherent refers to a bias, a Q condition refers to the object of that bias. A Q coherent sense is not coherent with the world, it is coherent with where to begin, for instance, initiating a procedure or a way of thinking. Musicians understand this coherent sense when it appears in rehearsals, when rehearsing, it is common to start from a place that entails an established sense of the beginning of a phrase.
- A coherent bias is coherent with a way of thinking.
- A coherent situation is coherent with the world.
The agent/environment relationship is dynamically implicated in a single Q-unit. When Q-units are chained together they are like procedural scripts. Attended senses and unattended senses are attributes of Q-units and layers of scripts. In Q analysis, to come upon a Q-unit is to virtually attend a thought in its active-actual-state and active-potential-mode. Unattended Q-units occur at unattended interactive environmental/agent layers and virtually constrain thinking. Q-units are constrained by ever more general layers that occur for different durations. Multiple scripts and layers can be virtually attended in a conscious sense. The Q-unit is the smallest unit able to be attended in this way in a Q system.
MORE INFORMATION: Q Model Introduction
Below is a description of the Q model method of topical orientation:
Q-units forming scripts illustrates two aspects of behavior modification.
- Environmental-ing: refers to what generally drives an organism’s behavior.
- Remember-ing: refers to what generally guides an organism’s behavior.
Below, is a representation of these two behavior modifiers, notice that remember-ing has one set of brackets and environmental-ing has two sets of brackets. In a sense, remember-ing represents one clock, environmental-ing represents two clocks. Remember-ing aims to adjust its clock to environmental-ing, causing a reciprocal cycle.
- remember-ing:[Potential(actual) ⊇ Actual(potential)] = passive
- environmental-ing:[Actual(potential)] ⊇ [Potential(actual)] = active
MORE INFORMATION: Q Scripts
Quadranyms are four words that represent the four dimensions of a Q-unit, a concise general structure that may subsume or be subsumed by other Q-units.
- Active-Actual: empty
- Active-Potential: infinite
- Passive-Potential: between
- Passive-Actual: finite
If one is navigating a space in the world, according to the quadranym above, the superset pertains to the empty areas in which one can pass. The subset pertains to the obstacles that would impede the ability to pass. This word-sensibility of space generally pertains to void as the superset to the subsets, objects that lay between other objects in the world.
MORE INFORMATION: The Zero-Point
Meta-dimensional Roles (M-roles) are ancillary categorical-dimensions that have specified relations to the four classes of the Q axiom. These can vary between systems. Each M-role has a superset and a subset.
- M-roles: the general dimensions of either mode or state i.e., half Q-unit
- Q-roles: the general dimensions of both mode and state i.e., whole Q-unit
- Mode: Potential ≥ Actual
- State: Actual ≥ Potential
- Mode: Coherent ≥ Conditional
- State: Coherent ≥ Conditional
- Mode: External ≥ Internal
- State: Internal ≥ External
- Mode: Inclusive ≥ Exclusive
- State: Inclusive ≥ Exclusive
- Mode: Possible ≥ Necessary
- State: Necessary ≥ Possible
- Mode: Active ≥ Passive
- State: Active ≥ Passive
- *Mode: Positive ≥ Negative
- State: Negative ≥ Positive
All M-roles always correlate with the axiom classes in the set specified.
*There is one exception that applies only to the mode class sets:
- Positive and Negative are M-role modes that are reversible and thus have two ways to align to the Q axiom.
- Standard Polarity:[Positive(self) ≥ Negative(world)]
- Switched Polarity:[Negative(self) ≥ Positive(world)]
- Switched Mode Polarity: A difference can be in some context of a topic either, negative or positive. For instance, if the mode is then not-up, it needs not be not-up, since it has an actual difference, not-down.
M-roles address the orientations of a word sense and provides it a categorical bias. For instance, the term out as content of a superset state such as, 6. internal ≥ external, will keep internal dimensional orientations implicitly and categorically the superset. It is important to note that orientations will differ between systems. Interoperability depends on sharing coherent and conditional roles between systems. A system can adopt another system’s method of orientation. (Topical interoperability: the ability to adopt or reject the topical orientations of another system.)
The Quadranym Model of Word-Sensibility (Q): A Dynamical Systems Perspective On Word-Level-Concepts & Contextual Unitizations – Non-Mental-Representation Representation – Design Before Define Approach.
Q: A method to analyze and cluster words – an ontological alignment system to represent dynamic word relations in units, scripts and layers.