The Q Concept
A quadranym in its most basic form are four words that intend a topic. The purpose of quadranyms can vary depending on if it is engaged as a word topic or theme topic. Its most basic form is as a word-topic or micro-topic.
- Micro-Topics (or word-topics); help organize, characterize or summarize lexical information. They’re pre-textual micro-unit-renderings of context used to anchor focus given to a sentence and to contextual development.
A quadranym is best thought of as the responsiveness of a word sense. For its effect to be useful it needs constraints, e.g., is it the right sense, is there a better sense? Quadranyms hold information to be unpacked for a situation.
What is a Quadranym?
We define Quadranym as a four-part conceptual construct using a dual-axis Mode-State model. It operates as a unit of topical orientation & constraint.
Expansion-Reduction (ER-mode) and Objective-Subjective (OS-state).
|E = expand: open
||O = object: barrier
|N = Topic Name: door
|S = subject: passage
||R = reduce: close
Quadranym dimensions are about framing a response to a topic. Above is an example of a virtual response to the condition (topic name) door.
Above, door is rendered a topical orientation for dynamical contexts.
- The situational context is about how the condition is communicated.
- The dynamical context is about how the condition is responded to.
What is a Polynym?
We use Polynym to describe idea sets (as part, step or type), such as:
- 3 parts × Freud’s psyche = [ Id, Ego, Superego ]
- 7 types × Deadly sins = [ Wrath, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust, Envy, Gluttony ]
- 5 steps × Grief = [ denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance ]
Quadranyms and Polynyms together form a Matrix. Quadranyms provide the columns and polynyms provide the ranks.
Polynyms may have any number of dimensions (ranks). Consider example…
5 parts × Relations of Locations = [space, door, distance, direction, container]
Unlike polynyms that have any number of dimensions, quadranyms align and nest (local) topics using four (global) dimensions. These dimensions form all quadranym units. The terms in each of the (EROS) columns tend to fill in a tantamounting or pervading sense. Meta-Dimensional Roles are the general terms (M-roles). Specific roles are called content roles (C-roles). C-roles are attracted to M-role states. M-roles work to make C-role relations tractable.
Prime Dimensions: Expansive, Reductive, Objective , Subjective
Introductory Examples of Meta-Dimensional Roles:
- E: Expansive (potential mode) term examples, potential, active, unity, group; over, all, new, implicit, big, learning, playing (or a kind of child like view of life where the world is constantly unfolding), mystery, sustain, spatial openness.
- R: Reductive (actual mode) term examples; actual, passive, plurality, it, that, you , me, fact, in, down, measure, explicit, focus, small, (or a kind of adult view of life where the world needs controlling), familiar, deny, spatial closeness.
- O: Objective (potential state) term examples; potential, becoming, condition, variant, practice, decide between, interpersonal, social, temporal endings.
- S: Subjective (actual state) term examples; actual, being, coherent, core, constant, perspective, beliefs, desires, intrapersonal, temporal beginnings.
Various metaphysical notions apply, such as, part/whole, plurality/unity, being/becoming, time and space. The model’s approach toward these notions introduces a self replicating pattern; a framework of dimensions able to scale nested levels of context referred to as contextual timelines.
Quadranyms form units. Units are frames. When linked together form scripts. Polynyms refer to each layer of script. Scripts run simultaneously on different contextual timelines. Upper scripts constrain lower scripts.
- This refers to procedures e.g., when you get up for work; take shower, brush teeth, have breakfast, rush out etc… work forms the contextual timelines.
The Q Operational Concept In a Nutshell
A micro-topic is about the responsiveness found in a word. It anchors the information on a particular subject that we refer to as the coherent bias. The coherent bias has several target terms in its cache. In the case that the coherent bias is not relevant or dynamically apt in the text then another coherent bias sense is called up. There can be several coherent bias senses in a lexical specification. A lexical unit responds based on the other coherent biases that form hierarchical constraints in the textual development, i.e., contextual expectation includes the ability to adjust to expectations as imposed by other constraints (posterior or anterior).
A distinction between situational context and dynamical context is made. We introduce the dynamical context; occurrent use of resource.
1. FROM an active-sense; more experience necessary (find potential).
2. TO a passive-sense; no more experience necessary (found potential).
FROM 1. Potential(actual) TO 2. Actual(potential)
- FROM: the actual subject’s assertion potential.
- TO: an actual predicate’s assertion on a potential = target subject.
The objective column holds the target variable. This is the attended sense. The unattended sense is in the subjective column. It anchors the attended sense. Expand and reduce measure the actions between the two subject states. As a representation, reduce is on the x axis, expand is on the y. More generally, subjects can be on the x, predicates on the y.
The Q Axiom:
- Given a situation, IF Potential(actual) THEN Actual(potential)
Active power; agency. Passive power; resources available to use. Passive-potentials are the target; a subset derived from a superset of a topic given the condition. Q-units act as constraints for this procedure.
A Q-units word cluster can be represented as inputs on a graph.
- Q-Unit Template: [-+(- -) ⊇ +-(++)] = x:
– – = active-actual; subjective (0,0)
-+ = active-potential; expansive (0,1)
+- = passive-actual; reductive (1,0)
++ = passive-potential; objective (1,1)
Consider a topical orientation of space as applied to the template.
(∀x) space(x) ⟹ [Infinite(void) ⊇ Finite(between)(x)]
For all x, If x is space, Then x is:
- Mode: E = infinite ⊇ R = finite
- State: S = void ⊇ O = between
- else: topic is modified
- else: topic is other sense
- else: topic remains a variable
A responsiveness for space is rendered; a dynamic framework for specified terms, a constraining unit, a motivated dynamical context.
1. Space: active-sense f(x) (function & argument) = Infinite(empty)
2. Space: passive-sense f(x) (function & argument) = Finite(between)
Active sense is inclusive. Passive sense is exclusive. Space can apply to a cave and its subsets or the solar system and its subsets. Active is about the environment driving the sense. Passive is about how that sense has been driven before. Environment driving sense, agent guiding sense.
Space: independent and dependent variable relations can be rendered in Q-units, e.g., to target inputs regarding between infinite is dependent on finite. Finite is about the actual situation.
(∀x) space(x) ⟹ [Infinite(void) ⊇ Finite(between)(x)]
Next, a topical orientation such as door can nest with the topic space.
(∀x) door(x) ⟹ [Open(passage) ⊇ Close(barrier)(x)]
Polynyms nest topics & create hierarchies. Hierarchies layer units strategically to prioritize and constrain topical term dynamics.
Finally, scripts form on each layer. That is, units change in time. A Unit cycles or is modified on layer. Less change means a more generic topic.
Generally, the term Sensibility means a responsiveness toward something. What we mean specifically is, a responsiveness toward a topic, by which, a unitization of other separate topics is cued, in which, the unit effect is a capacitance to aptly elect the probable truth conditions for that topic.
What is a Dynamical Context? Human experience affords generalizations to be made about the world. Consider for instance, “Education is the key to the door of opportunity.” In this idiom, metaphorical understanding affords door to present a dynamical context to anchor, education as a passage to opportunity. In other words, the situational context of door and key is being repurposed. Only the basic dynamics of the door situation are necessary.
Q Lab: http://polynyms.com/doku.php